Day 1 - Istanbul - Ephesus - Kusadasi - (L/D)
Early in the morning, we`ll pick you from your hotel in Istanbul and transfer to the Ataturk airport for your 1-hour flight south to Izmir. As soon as you arrive in Izmir, our representative will meet you and transfer you to Ephesus.
Sites you’ll see today:
* Ephesus is the best-preserved classical cities from ancient times, and was inhabited by Greeks, Macedonians, Romans and Turks. St. Paul lived here circa 60 AD, when it was at its most populated at 250,000. During your visit, you’ll walk its stony boulevards, stand in the grand theatre, marvel at the beauty of the Celsus Library, the agora, as well as the baths, giving you the unique chance to get up-close-and-personal with history by literally being able to walk into it.
* The House of The Virgin Mary is where it is believed St. Mary came to live with St. John in the last years of her life.
Overnight in Kusadasi
Day 2 - Kusadasi to Pamukkale then to Istanbul - (B/L)
Our drive will take us through a rich agricultural area, teeming with cotton fields, fruit orchards, and thermal springs.
* Pamukkale ("cotton castle" in Turkish) is the result of limestone formations created over thousands of years. Warm, calcium-rich mineral water from nearby thermal hot springs flowed over these cliffs and, as these waters cooled, they deposited the calcium that we see today.
* Hierapolis is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It was founded as an ancient healing care center in 190 BC, taking advantage of the mineral waters. It was one of the most important intellectual, artistic, religious and commercial centers of the Roman Empire. Over time, the city hosted large numbers of both Jewish and Christian residents.
After the tour, we will provide a transfer to airport for your flight back to Istanbul. After arrival in Istanbul, we will provide a transfer to your hotel.
*** Tour ends ***
* All transportation in comfortable vehicles
* 4-star accommodations with breakfast & 2 Lunches
* Domestic flight tickets from Istanbul to Izmir
* Domestic flight tickets from Denizli to Istanbul
* Professional, English-speaking guides
* Entrance fees to Ephesus, House of Virgin Mary and Pamukkale
* All service charges and local taxes
* All of the drinks with meals
(We can always customize this program by adding more siites, or providing extra nights at any destination, or add more sites like Antalya, Fethiye, etc.).